Monday, March 31, 2008

Facebook: Friendship with no Strings Attached


Let me preface this post by saying, I do have a facebook account and I use it.
Facebook has become a crazed in the last few years, in fact it was launched in February of 2004 a mere 4 years ago. By september of 2007, facebook had over 64 million subscribers and about 14 million uploads DAILY!
Facebook is a new technology that I call Friendship with No strings attached. It is easy to be a "friend" in facebook, you only have to ask someone to be your friend and 99% of the time, they will say, "YES."
The amazing fact that I have people on my "friend's list" that I have NEVER EVER EVER spoken to. In fact, I was asked to be friends with people at the School that I attend that I normally would not recognized.
Another "important" aspect of facebook are applications. One can get the "daily verse," or "the farside of the day," or "fun fact." However the most revolting part of this application comes by way of SUPERPOKE. Superpoke, which I could never sign up for, is an application that allows you to, "dance with," "throw a sheep at," "hug," "eat thanksgiving with," etc. This application allows you to do things with people that you would never do in real life.
Facebook is a great technological advance, it allows people to keep in touch with others, and helps you find people that you have not seen. YET I have to ask, if you have lost touch with someone, why do you need to find them again?
If you are not friends with someone, why are you looking to be "friends" with them over facebook?
If you are not going to throw a live sheep; why must you do this on facebook?

Facebook is Friendship with no strings attached! I wanted you to know that.

gap

3 comments:

  1. I read it....are you happy now? I'm going to super poke you later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I be your friend on Facebook?

    Just kidding...

    Isn't it interesting...? Sure makes you wonder what they'll be doing in 50 years. People will forget how to talk to one another in-person. *sigh*

    *throws a sheep at Gus*

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's it. Next time I see you you're so totally defenestrated.

    ReplyDelete