Tuesday, March 11, 2008

American Karaoke!


Melissa, my dear wife, convinced me that I should prefer her and that I'd watch American Karaoke err... Idol with her.
I did, well I guess I am. She told me that tonight they were going to do songs from the Beatles and I love the Beatles.
American Karaoke is probably the biggest show in television right now, but I do not seem to understand the point.
I told Melissa that if I wanted to see average singers, I would go to my local bar, which I do not frequent, and see some dude attempt to sing "Boulevard of Broken Dreams."
But I digress, these Beatles songs were completely trashed by these amateurish mediocre singers. Melissa kept asking me if I liked the singers, I kept saying, "they are nothing special."
American Karaoke might be huge in pop-culture, but I will stick to NOT watching, unless my sweetheart insist.
For now, I will continue to listen to my IPOD, where TRUE artists reside!

gap

No comments:

Post a Comment