Friday, March 7, 2008

Shepherds' Conference

Shepherds Conference came and went... Probably the fastest one ever!
I was so blessed by the Plenary Sessions and Seminars.
As I was poking around the website I saw what the Mission Statement of the Shepherds' Conference.
Our mission is to provide the opportunity for men in church leadership to be challenged in their commitment to biblical ministry and to find encouragement as together we seek to become more effective servants of our Chief Shepherd.

This is exactly what happened this year.

I was also blessed by seeing so many of my old friends, I even saw a guy who I had not seen since I was a freshmen in College!
Also, I was also quite blessed by meeting some new friends.

Here are my HIGHLIGHTS!

*Dr. MacArthur's Message on the Widow's Mite
*Andy Snider's Seminar on Worship
*Dr. Lawson's Message on Hebrews 4:12-13
*Matt Waymeyer's Seminar on A Biblical Critique of Infant Baptism
*Phil Johnson's AMAZING Sermon on Mars Hill [the Acts one, not the church =) ]
*My Lunch with Jon Blakely (old friend from our CSUN bible study)
*My Dinners with Melissa, Cael, Shannon and Spencer
*My Lunch with Joe Penberthy (Old Friend from Seminary/Crossroads)

All in all, It was so much fun!

5 comments:

  1. i'm so glad we could have great dinners together! and sorry for not taping lost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Waymeyer's seminar was awesome too. And that tie. Did you see his tie??? That man knows sure how to dress!

    Your old buddy,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that his tie clashed with his hand-brace...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You obviously have no sense of fashion. Hand braces are actually quite trendy, or at least they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep forgetting that hand braces are "groovy."

    ReplyDelete