Thursday, March 27, 2008

With all this busyness... Here is a Proverb!


I have not posted for over a week.
It has been quite a busy couple of weeks at school and work, and I could not get time to post.
I was thinking about what to post early this morning. The truth is that for days now, I have had in my head the passage that I will be teaching on this Friday night at Hillside.
Proverbs 15:11
Sheol and Abaddon lie open before the LORD;
how much more the hearts of the children of man!

Sheol was consider for the Jewish people as the place of the dead.
Abaddon was the place of destruction.
The NIV says, "Death and Destruction lie open before the LORD;"
This is an argument from the Greater to the lesser; that is, God can see Death and Destruction open before Him... How much more can He see your small heart.

I will not give you the whole lesson, but suffice it to say that Knows it all, even your heart.
As I was thinking about this for Friday, I pondered on the fact that God is omniscient and that He is omnipresent. These truths should not only be a deterrent to not harbor hidden sin, but they also should be an encouragement to look for vindication only before our God.
As we think of our God, let us worship him and fear him because even Death and Destruction Lie open before Him.

1 comment: