Friday, March 14, 2008

Worshiping Jesus Christ


I was quite surprised as I was watching a re-run episode of the Simpsons about this line.
Though it seems like a shot a Christianity, I could easily imagine how this can become true in the minds of unbelievers.
Take a quick sampler of some of our Christian songs,

"I love You, I need You
Though my world may fall,
I'll never let You go My Savior, my closest friend
I will worship You until the very end"


"My heart is glad that You've called me Your own
Cause There's no place I'd rather be
Than In Your arms of love, In Your arms of love.
Holding me still, holding me near, In Your arms of love.
I sing a simple song of love To my Savior, to my Jesus.
I'm grateful for the things You've done, My loving Savior, my
precious Jesus."


What are the songs that we should sing?
How should we sing to our God? How are we to worship him?

I will attempt to develop this in the next week...

Here is a song that will wet your appetite for true worship:

Man of Sorrows! what a name
For the Son of God, who came
Ruined sinners to reclaim.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Bearing shame and scoffing rude,
In my place condemned He stood;
Sealed my pardon with His blood.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Guilty, vile, and helpless we;
Spotless Lamb of God was He;
“Full atonement!” can it be?
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

Lifted up was He to die;
“It is finished!” was His cry;
Now in Heav’n exalted high.
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

When He comes, our glorious King,
All His ransomed home to bring,
Then anew His song we’ll sing:
Hallelujah! What a Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment