Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Trusting God Tuesdays (Chapter 5)


Today we had a short, but great interaction about chapter 5 of this great book. We discussed God rule over the nations. I was perplexed when reading this chapter being reminded that God is ultimately in control of all; even the evil of some dictators around the world. Sometimes I think that God took a nap when Hitler came to power, but He was actively working during this time.
The convicting part for me was to think about politics and a sovereign God. Sometimes I tend to be dissapointed on our earthly leaders, yet God still rules and chooses whom He wills; no matter who wins the elections.
According to Bridges, God does rule over the nations and the way that we need to put this into practice is to be like Daniel, though he understood that God was a sovereign God he still prayed. Daniel knew that only the sovereing God to whom he prayed would be the only one that could ACT.

gap

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the wrap-up, Gus! Makes me wish I would have come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, everyday I praise God for opening my eyes to His Sovereignty. Our sin wants to take away God's power, but in the end it is all in our minds. Romans 13:1-2 says:

    " 1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

    God is in total control. That makes my heart jump of joy. Nothing can come to my life that my God hasn't appointed to happen. Everything in His creation is His slave. Let's rejoice in our Master.

    Great post Gus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there Gus, keep up the good work here and hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete