Monday, November 5, 2007

A Case of The Mondays? Ah... Nope!


This morning I awoke very early around 3:30 AM. No, I am not that dedicated, but I have a humongous exam that I need to study for. Thus, after I woke up and made myself a latte I started to study the Greek Cases. At around 5 AM, I heard this laughter coming from Cael's room; he was awake, which means that daylight saving's time means nothing to him. So I proceeded to get him and sit him next to me. He looked at me as wondering, "Where is Mom?" So I did what any other father would do in my shoes, I put him in his Rainforest Jumperoo. He jumped himself to laughter until about 5:45, at that time he became fussy. That is when it was time for us to wake up Mommy and for daddy to go to work. As I was driving to work, I thought to myself how often I tend to forget that God uses small things in our lives to draw worship out of us; in this case he used about 50 minutes with my son to remind me that a child finds happyness in the smallest of things, even jumping up the Rainforest Jumperoo.
Cael is already teaching me a lot about myself. He is teaching me what Jesus said about faith like a child, he is teaching me contentment, dependence, and to appreciate my wife much more than I ever before.
So today while I'm at work, I will think of the Jumperoo and thank God that he uses the small things in life to remind us that he is the giver of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment