Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Trusting God Tuesday


"WOW"

That is what I wrote next to chapter 2 'Trusting God."
The subject of chapter dealt with the issue of Trusting God pertaining to His providence. Bridges argued that it is quite easy for us to assert God's providence when something good happens, "I got a new Job." Yet when things that are not humanly beneficial to us happen we consider them an accident. Rick Holland made the point that an athlete was being interviewed about a recent game and he said, "by the grace of God, we were able to win the game." Rick made the point that if the same athlete had lost the game, it was also due to the grace of God.
I was quite convicted about this in my own life for I think this way a lot of the time. I tend to forget that our God works ALL THINGS, yet practically at times I live as a deist.
How encouraging it is to think that our God is intimately involved in our lives that even when things don't seem to go our way, He know and give us more grace.

gap

No comments:

Post a Comment