Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Today is Abuela's Birthday!

Today, October 9th, it is my Abuela Angela Miotti de Picatto's Birthday.
She is turning 89 years old.
My grandmother was born in Sanford, a small rural town of central Argentina to Italian immingrants. At the age of 11, her mother died, making her the mom of the family, since she was the oldest. By God's grace, through the example of her grandmother, she came into salvation soon after being left without a mom .

Now, she is a widow, that has 3 daughters, 13 grandchildren, 10 grandchildren-in-law, 18 great-grandchildren, and one Great-great-grandchild.

My abuela has been an example to me as a faithful mom and a amazing grandmother. But the thing that I love most about her is that when my brothers and I spent the weekend at her home, she would sit with us, when putting us to bed, to read a Psalm and pray for us. That spoke volumes to me, a hyper-active 5 or 6 year old, she was willing to spend the time with her grandkids so that they would be blessed from the Scriptures and her prayers.
I know that she still prays for us, even though all of us are married with our own kids.

So, this one is for you:

Feliz CumpleaƱos Abuela!!!!


gap

No comments:

Post a Comment