Friday, October 26, 2007

The World Series


I remember when I first got into baseball that there were some teams that were lovable losers. The Cubs, not winning a World Series since 1906 were a team that was truly never going to win, but you liked them since you felt sorry for them.
The Red Sox were such team for me; part of me always pulled for them because they were the lovable losers, the curse of the Bambino, was haunting them. Their many mistakes in the post season, specially in the World Series; Bill Burkner and his disastrous mistake. Even a few years ago, the poor Red Sox were suffering for their being the lovable losers.
That all changed in 2004, when they won the World Series, their arrogance has truly sour me on the whole Red Sox experience. Also the fact that there seems to be more Sox fans here in Cali than anywhere in the States; What's up with that?
The moral of the story is: I liked the Red Sox when they were a novelty; now they are plain annoying.

peace,

gap

No comments:

Post a Comment