Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Souk or Souq



If you are anything like my wife, you will be wondering what SOUK or SOUQ means. I chose the title because I thought I was being funny, but little did I know that maybe a lot of people do not know what a "souk" or "souq" really is.
A "souk," which is actually pronounced [sook], is an open air market, a place of trade, it is like a flea market in an Arab city. Actually this word has an Arabic root to it.
So all this to say that if his blog is successful, it will be a blog that will discuss everything from cultural comentary to what I'm learning in God's Word; from what I am reading to what I have heard; sports, funny things, about my son's life, movie reviews, and book reviews. I will even try to get some of my friends to post their witty comments.
So give me another chance, even though this might be the fourth blog...
gap

4 comments:

  1. cool blog. i look forward to reading all about your wise ideas and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm. we shall see...we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. now your blog has at least three people who will keep an eye on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the Wildcat nickname. I will have to add you to my links and google reader.

    ReplyDelete