Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It Was One of My Best Days

Years ago, Geoff Moore wrote a song, called 'Best Days,' in which he recounted three or four different instances in his life where things could not have gone better. Geoff Moore aside, I had an instance like that yesterday. If you were to ask me about my favorite days, I could not tell you, there are many; my wedding, the birth of my son, going to the Church of St. Giles and standing by the grave of John Knox, attending the LA Philharmonic at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, and seeing the most complete Rembrandt exhibit that I have ever seen at the Museum of Edinburgh.
There is another day to add, Tuesday September 18th. What is so special about this day? It's Cael, my son; he is now almost 4 months and more active than ever. As I got home yesterday, I was reminded of God's goodness in allowing me to experience my son in a dimension I have not before, we played and wrestled... of course, I did not hurt him, he is very small. However, his laughs, chuckles, coos, and smiles made my day.

It all goes to show that God is truly a great God; he gives us simple pleasures to remind us that we do not need much in life to be happy.
It was one of my best days; I hope it was for him as well.

gap

No comments:

Post a Comment