Thursday, October 2, 2008

QUOTE OF THE WEEK

My friend John Fonville posted a great quote in his blog. I wanted to share it with you:

“The knowledge of our union with Christ provides us with great dignity. As I look at myself I see failure, sin, sometimes shame and disgrace. But that is neither the ultimate nor the whole truth about me as a Christian. No! I am united to Christ, a joint heir of his riches, a child of God. Knowing this to be the real truth about me lends grace and power to my life.”

Sinclair Ferguson, The Christian Life: A Doctrinal Introduction, p. 113

2 comments:

  1. wow that is an amazing quote! very impactful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for that quote - and I am glad you are blogging. You have tremendous insight and maturity, and it is always very encouraging. I read your blog as often as I read Melissa's, so keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete