Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Semester Over...


Thursday marked the end of my fall semester. As you can imagine, i am relieved, mainly since I have not had much time off this year (2007).
One thing that is hard about ending the semester is letting go, letting go specifically of school work and knowing that all has ended is a great sigh of relief. I will start again in 2008, I am taking a winter class that starts the second week of January and from then on the spring semesters will start with a vengence.
One thing that I wanted to do is to write down things that I have learned in this semester through school. At times it seems so hard to even look back and remember what happened after such a grueling time, but here are some things.

I learned

1) Melissa's unwavering support while I'm school.
2) To love the Old Testament in my Introduction to OT Exegesis
3) The importance of Context
4) How much I need to learn about Pastoral Ministries
5) The importance of prayer
6) God's provision in different areas of my life.
7) The relevance of God's Word.
8) God's constant care for my family.
9) To be detailed as I try to interpret the scriptures
10) Grammar matters in Scripture

1 comment:

  1. Congrats man!

    Hope your dad's doing fine by now. Oh! and happy birthday to your wife. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete