Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Republican? Democrat? No Thanks, I am a Monarchist!


Last week one of our professors told us that he was neither a Republican, nor a Democrat; he said, "I am a Monarchist, I am waiting for my King to come and Rule perfectly over the earth."
That statement caused me to change what I was going to teach on friday.
I was schedule to teach on Proverbs 31, the excellent woman! However, I could not help for my mind to gravitate to another passage, Proverbs 21:1 "The king’s heart is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will."
This proverb shows us that God is in control, even in human government.
The image is pretty vivid, God hands moving a flow of water wherever he desires, that is the heart of the king. I think that sometimes we worry too much about who will win, what they stand for, but we forget that behind EVERY ruler, stands the RULER of the universe.
There are four responses to this verse.
1) Trust God- That whatever happens in government, He is still sitting on the throne
2) Pray- Pray for your leaders, for wisdom.
3) Vote- Since we live on a democracy, there is nothing wrong for us to vote for the candidates that will help the right people.
4) Remember- We need to remember that God wins at the end. No matter how bleak the outlook, God still wins at the end.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, we all should cast our votes in elections. But what if we cannot find a candidate who is representing our aspirations, desires, needs and expectations? Many times I was unable to have "candidates that will help the right people" in my district. I cast an invalid vote or I voted for a minority party candidate, just to let the big players know how dissatisfied I was with their men and women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Radical Royalist,

    Thanks for your comment.
    I agree with you, I have had a very hard time trying to find the right candidate to vote for.
    However, I believe that we must vote our conscience, even if "your candidate" will not win.
    So vote your conscience! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Gus,

    Great post. God is sovereign.

    "The lot is cast into the lap,but its every decision is from the LORD." Proverbs 16:33 (NIV)

    It is great knowing that God was, is, and will always be King.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eduardo,

    Thanks for the feature in Sujetos a la Roca!
    Blessings Brother,

    ReplyDelete